Happy Monday, Hopin community! We’ve got lots of exciting new features and functionality to share with you today, so let’s jump right in.
First, let’s start with a preview of features we’re working on to release in the next few weeks:
Q&A: the ability for attendees to ask questions and organizers to moderate the questions to answer in a Hopin event.
Live Analytics: monitor where your attendees are going in your event, in real time.
Magic Links Email Verification: an added layer of email verification for attendees, before accessing the event.
Here’s what’s new in the Hopin platform this week:
Just like in an in-person event or conference, attendees want to be able to meet with one another in order to help build meaningful connections. With this new feature, using the "people" tab of the side panel, attendees can send out meeting invitations for up to 4 other users (limit to 5 attendees per meeting). If the other invitees accept, they will be notified 5 minutes before the meeting is about to start, and again when the meeting is starting. This notification can take the attendees directly into the meeting room.
Available on all plans.
The current capabilities of this feature include:
- Attendees can only schedule meetings within the time-bounds of the event.
- The creator of the meeting will be notified when an attendee accepts or declines an invitation in the notifications tab.
- Organizers can schedule a meeting for other attendees, without including themselves. They can also do this before the event starts in "preview mode", but the invitees must be registered users.
- Accepted meetings currently only show up in the notification tabs, and do not currently sync with calendars.
- Organizers are not able to restrict the times at which an attendee can schedule a meeting.
- Bulk meeting creation is not possible currently.
We’re excited to announce our integration with Miro - a collaboration tool used by many of our customers. We want to open up our platform as much as possible to creative use cases, and by allowing Miro to be integrated with Hopin we'll greatly enhance the collaborative capacity of the Hopin community. With Miro, using Hopin for collaborative events like brainstorms and internal meetings is easier than ever. At the moment Miro can only be added to sessions and expo booths, and only by admins and moderators. Available on all plans. Have a request for an integration? We’d love to hear about it here!
With new Speaker Profiles, organisers can now add speakers to their event lineup whenever they wish, rather than having to wait for the speaker to register first. Simply click ‘create a speaker profile’ and add your speakers’ details, and they will automatically be shown on your registration and event pages. Available on all plans.
Thanks for reading and have a great week!