Happy Monday, Hopin community! We’ve got several exciting new features and functionality to share with you today, so let’s jump right in.
First, let’s start with a preview of features we’re working to release in the next couple weeks:
- Q&A: General quality of life improvements for our Q&A feature.
- PDF Download for Post-Event Analytics: Ability to download post-event analytics dashboards as a PDF.
- Improved Sign-up Flow: Improvements to organizer onboarding and login experience with added social logins for a smoother experience.
- Revamped Dashboard: Redesigned event dashboard with cleaner navigation and interface.
- Page Header: New design for the header section for registration pages.
Here’s what’s new in the Hopin platform this week:
Important billing updates
We have some important updates regarding billing for Hopin customers. For all new events created on or after March 26th, 2021, ticket sales will be processed via “direct” charges in Stripe, instead of the current “destination” configuration. This change empowers our customers with more control over their ticket sales and attendee relationships.
So what does this mean for event organizers?
- Event organizers will start paying the Stripe processing fee on their ticket sales to Stripe. To date, Hopin has covered this cost at our expense as a courtesy.
- Once this change takes effect, event organizers will receive ticket revenue in their Stripe accounts first (rather than the funds hitting Hopin’s account first, and then being distributed to an organizer’s Stripe account).
- As a result of the above, event organizers will now see their payee data instead of receiving bulk payments from Hopin, and will have full control over issuing refunds and invoices from Stripe. You can learn more about issuing refunds on Stripe here, and for any help you can reach out to email@example.com.
This change will automatically take place for new events created on or after March 26th, 2021, with no action required by organizers. As always, we welcome any feedback on this change, and if you have any concerns you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
🔊 Interprefy Integration Improvements
We’ve made some key updates to our Interprefy integration to make it simpler to use for event organizers. When using the Interprefy integration, content of the Translations tab is now persistent so you can maintain translated audio output even as you navigate between other tabs.
Looking for inspiration, customer stories, or a place to share product feedback? Check out the Hopin Community 🚀
Thanks for reading and have a great week!